Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Reflection Essay

Edison Enciso
Professor Bailey
English 120-016
15 Dec 2014
Reflection Essay.
Reflection Essay   
To study the English 120-Expository Writing class has been a great experience on my educational process of learning. The course ENG-120 is a valuable lesson because it emphasizes the concept of rhetoric on different aspects of our life. Identifying rhetorically an advertisement or an article and analyzing rhetorically them provide me with a powerful tool to improve my learning. Although the course-works have demanded me a lot of time to do them and I have committed many mistakes in the development of the course, those course-works, professor’s corrections and suggestions have helped me to improve my work and learning.
After having received my First Draft corrected, I did some corrections following your observations and recommendations. One of his recommendations was that I had to go the Writer Center and I did it. Although I feel that I improve some in my grammar problem, I still feel that I have some problem with the use of articles and prepositions. However, when I received my feedback from the final Essay and was graded with “A-“, I noticed that I was going to for a good way.
To make the Rhetorical Analysis Essay, I remember that at the beginning I chose an article to develop my work, but I could not finish it because I was confused about some concepts. However the professor repeated how to make a rhetorical analysis many times, giving us different examples. At the end, I changed for an advertisement and I got a good feedback. Now I have well definite what the “rhetoric of power” and the “power of rhetoric” are.
 When I was making the Revised Post Assessment Respond, and compared with the Pre- Assessment, I noticed that the main argument on the issue was different. Developing the Revised Post Assessment was more easy. Only I need read it once to understand the message and not four times how it was the first time. Now I feel more confident to develop an essay.  
After having chosen the topic “Marijuana and its Consequences”, I had problem to define my thesis and the professor suggested that I had to be more specific and I did it. However, this work was the most difficult assignment that I had in this season because it required me to look for information from books, magazines, and web-sites, and to read, evaluate and analyze all the collected information. Developing the research paper has  helped me increase my y judgment in differencing between  academic sources and primary sources. It has also helped me be more critical reader because when I looked for information, I found different research and conclusions from different authors for a same topic. Although development of the research paper demanded me a lot of time, I could know more about the marijuana and its consequences on our health.
                                                                                                
Sincerely,

No comments:

Post a Comment